Friday, April 24, 2009

Adventures in Home Schooling

One of my first lessons in home schooling (for myself, not my children) was to learn how to spell home school. It is two words. I didn't know that. But now I do. I'm learning a lot these days. I'm learning more as a home school parent/teacher than I think I ever did as a child in public school. Perhaps it's that I find it easier as an adult to relate to some of the things that I'm teaching to my young'ns. Or, maybe I just long for my children to get the best education that I can give them. (Please don't think I'm bashing anyone who chooses public education.) It's truly exciting to see the things they soak up. It's truly mind-numbing to realize how little I actually know. And it's such a blessing when I can pass on what little bit of wisdom I have to the ones I love so dearly.
So, with all that said, after almost three years as a home school mom--here begins my journey as a home schooling blogger.
My first goal is to update you all on the last three years.
Stay tuned! This could get silly!

2 comments:

JennVDW said...

Erin! This is GREAT! Now we can catch up on all that you guys are doing!:) Yay. It's hard to catch up when you guys never call (i know we aren't good at it either:) So this is a great way for us to look in on your lives and see what's up with you, Mark and the kids! Haha! I just realized that High School was two words too! How funny! Ahhh:)... the things we learn :) You are so special and it is amazing all that you do to teach AND raise your kids. You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work! Miss you!

Erin said...

Lesson #2 in home schooling:
Manage your time better so you can call your family members more often. ;)
Thanks for the awesome words of encouragement, Jennifer. I hope you know I still love you even though we don't talk often enough.