Friday, November 12, 2010

What Curriculum Do You Use?

Home schooling is so much fun. I love that there are so many choices out there now, not just for teaching styles, but also for curricula. Sometimes that can be overwhelming, and sometimes it can be lots of fun. Once I got started sifting through all the many, many options, I became somewhat of a curriculum fiend. I'm thankful that we live in a state where there is no government say-so in our curriculum choice.

So, here's a list of some of what we use and love:

Geography: Voice of the Martyrs Prayer Map (or send email to thevoice@vom-usa.org for paper version) and Prayer Point Digest by Samaritan's Purse
Penmanship/Handwriting: A Reason For Handwriting
Reading:  All Through The Ages: History Through Literature Guide
  and reading list from Unit Studies
Learning to Read:  Bob Books, Spectrum Reading
Writing: journaling that corresponds to Unit Studies and creative writing assignments provided in Unit Studies
Art: assignments provided in Unit Studies as well as supplemental assignments from:

My bookshelves are so full that I have to stop myself at the store. I could keep buying more and more, but I have to exercise just a little bit of self-control. We won't be able to fit in our school room if I don't!

Praying this list gives you a starting place if you need it, or if you're already knee deep into your home school adventure, I pray it gives you some new and fresh ideas.

No comments: