Friday, February 4, 2011

When What You Have Isn't Enough

We're trying to make a Norwegian recipe today that calls for potato flour. I would think that, living in ND, it would be more readily available, as this is the land of the Norskies. It's also a gluten-free option for those who are celiacs. However, we can't seem to find it anywhere. So, in an effort to be frugal and home-schooly, we are going to attempt to make our own! What got me going was this post leading us to study George Washington Carver and his accomplishments in agricultural products. Since it is African American History Month, I suppose it's an appropriate study subject.

I'll post an update on how we did it and how it tasted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if you lived closer I would take your little ones and make you homeschool my older ones. You are truly a dynamic momma who keeps things creative! gonna go and feel inadequate now!

Erin said...

Wow, Patrick. Thanks for the compliment! I think I feel inadequate about once every five seconds. Being a mom (and everything else) is a tough job─one that leaves me feeling this way on a regular basis. Thanks for reading!! (And especially for leaving a comment!)